With contract expiration looming…the Company refuses to move off their retrogressive proposals on all major issues.
- HealthCare –massive cost shift and elimination of our current plan design
- Pensions -freeze current pensions and eliminate for new hires, remove current age credit factor from BCB2
- Employment Security -nationwide JOG, limits on how long you can be on ESC, eliminate pay protection
- Appendix F -expanded duties without realistic compensation, no upgrades for dispatchers
- Sick days -50% reduction of paid sick time, elimination of paid sick time for new hires
- Disability –eliminate accidental disability completely, reduce max short term disability to 26 weeks at 90%
These are just the changes to the major issues!
The company is making no effort to bargain a fair deal in the Midwest. They show no respect for the bargaining team or the 17,000 employees that work hard every day making AT&T profits; they end up throwing away on bad deals (T-Mobile $4B) and fines ($65M in legal fines). It is almost laughable!
While the bargaining team is fighting at the table our members are mobilizing in the field in a BIG way! Both AT&T Midwest and Legacy T voted overwhelmingly to authorize union leaders to call a strike if a fair contract can’t be reached. Today, the CWA Executive Board has approved that action.
AT&T has been put on notice: We will continue to talk…but we are ready to walk!